Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What is this Writing? And Why is it on the Wall???


Rembrandt in the House!
The title of this blog is taken from a story in the Biblical book of Daniel, my namesake prophet.  Though I consider myself "anti-religious" these days, I was raised in a strong Christian tradition (my parents were both pastors) and I retain a lot of those early roots.  The Bible's actually a pretty good book, I just wish so many people didn't take it so damn seriously!

Anyway, though I can't promise to never write about religion, I can promise it will be a rare occurence.  As for topics you can expect this blog to Feature Regularly, they include:




My Family
Three of my favorite people...

Pro Sports
...Two more of my favorite people

Cycling Adventures
Lou Neff Point - Go to Heaven and take a left

Pop Culture
How did Carl survive this????







1 comment:

  1. Hey, man. Love this theme, these people, and the topics you propose to comment on in this adventure. Will you be interpreting the words of the prophets as written on the subway walls and tenement halls of our times, like Simon & Garfunkel? Nebuchadnezzar was hard-pressed to find a man to translate his scratch in Dan.5:27: "Weighed in the balances and found wanting." But then they remembered Daniel....:)

    ReplyDelete