Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Halfway There

So after a belated start to my own personal Bike Month, I made it two days riding out of two today, even though I had to squeeze it in real quick-like, driving part of the way to work this morning and then biking the rest of the commute from there. I figure I might as well make it 2-for-2 on blog posts go as well, even though I don't have a ton to say at the end of this very full day...other than that despite the abbreviated ride, I'm exhausted.



I actually have ridden all the way to work a few times over the last year, it's about 20 miles round trip. Today's ride was only about 7, split up by a few hours of editing  in between. Next week is officially "Bike to Work Week" in Austin so I imagine I'll make the full-on trek a few times in the near future. I might have even done it today but I had to take my car in for an oil change so I drove to the shop and pedaled from there.


At one point I had it in my head to make my debut at the Tuesday Night North Austin Social Ride tonight. A few friends of mine from the bigger Thursday Night Downtown Social Ride crew started up the northside one last year and I've been wanting to join them for what seems like forever.  I had a rare Tuesday night free this evening but all thoughts of logging more miles evaporated in the heat of the awesome reunion happy hour we had for some old friends visiting Austin. Copious amounts of Beers and 'Ritas are always great at the end of a ride...not so much right before launch.

It really was great to see my old friends and watch all our young children playing together. I'm not breaking any new ground here when I say how special it is to have these relationships where, even after a year when you haven't seen each other, once you reunite it feels like y'all never left, but it's still worth saying anyway.  Life is great tonight. Bike Month is off to a solid start.

No comments:

Post a Comment